Get To Know The Artist: Alcadio Laguer

Hello, and welcome to my new virtual portfolio. Here you will find updates about my latest and greatest art projects, car restorations, or things that I find interesting. I hope that you enjoy what you see.  Always be sure to leave your comments; I want to know what you think. 

Here's a a little about me. My name is Alcadio Laguer. I am a self taught Fine Artist and Classic Auto Restorer.  I am a Charlotte, NC transplant, originally from the New Jersey Metropolitan area. I was born in Chicago, IL.  I served in the US Army, 2nd 9th Infantry Division in Fort Stewart GA. 

While supporting The Rangers in Panama, I got the bug for nature's robust Rain Forest, and fell in love with the colors.  You can say my style is a fascination with bright colors, shadows and fine details; I enjoy absorbing the essence of all that I can see.  Each project reveals unique character. 
I work mainly in mixed media: air brush, pastels, oil pastels, acrylics and enamels.  I have been a Graphic Artist, for US Life Insurance Company, Nations Incorporated, and Airbrush Action Magazine.  Also, I have been a Guest Artist/Exhibitor at the New Jersey African American Cultural Festival. 

I enjoy giving back to the community and have donated many of my art projects for philanthropic ventures here in Charlotte. My other ambition is restoring Classic Muscle Cars; I am currently working on a ground up 1956 Chevy Bel-Air Custom-rod.

Keep watch of this blog, subscribe, comment and follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment